Finding a safe mattress in the bedding industry is super critical additionally super befuddling to work through. In the event that your head harms simply taking a gander at the length of this page, please don’t hesitate to connect with our expert industry advisors for individualized assistance. You can likewise call 770-495-5005 or email us at [email protected]
Finding a Safe Mattress
A good night’s sleep shouldn’t be so difficult to attain. We spend nearly a third of our lives sleeping, yet studies show that the average bed contains a cocktail of toxic chemicals and flame retardants, which have been linked to regular headaches, cancer, skin irritation, obesity, learning and memory deficit, infertility, heart, lung, kidney damage, and developmental brain disorders.
NNM represents a number of different bed lines, along with our own that we developed over the years. In this safe mattress guide we believe that we choose the best of the best to represent. The companies below a use a range of healthy materials, like natural latex, wool, organic cotton and none contain harsh flame retardants or toxic chemicals. Many of the brands in this guide are also made in America, significantly reducing their environmental footprint by keeping production in the US and proudly supporting AMERICAN MADE. Additionally, several of the listed brands give back to their communities by donating high quality bedding to families in need.
Affordable Safe Mattress
Safe Mattress Pads
We regularly advise our customers that their sleeping bed is the primary thing they should start with when it comes to detoxing their homes. This is especially true when it comes to quick naps here and there. The reason we feel so strongly about a non-toxic sleeping bed? Being exposed to the toxic conventional bedding can be harmful to the most precious family members – our children. These element mixtures has resulted in unprecedented levels entering our bodies, with children carrying the highest load. Our children invest a great deal of time taking long naps during the day – dozing. So, it appears that the only sensible choice is to invest in natural certified organic bedding. Perhaps starting with the proper mattress pad. We carry a number of certified organic healthy mattress pads.
Conventional bedding products could contain:
- Various toxic chemicals
- Various petrochemicals.
- Plastics or vinyls.
- Flame retardant chemicals – some contain chemicals such as boric acid.
- Synthetic latex, which typically produced using styrene, a human cancer-causing agent.
At the forefront are crib bedding, yes where our kids spend majority of their day. Kids/Crib beds are regularly wrapped in vinyl for waterproofing, which frequently could contain toxic chemicals.
Fire Barrier “Secure” or Toxic
Beds are required by the Customer Item Wellbeing Commission to meet combustibility laws, which beforehand implied that they were quite often treated with bromated or chlorinated fire resistant chemicals, regularly one of the initial three on this rundown:
- Boric Acid
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers. PBDEs are related with hormone disturbance, hyperactivity, and neurodevelopmental delays, including brought down IQ . The European Union has restricted the utilization of PBDEs in electronic gadgets. Thinks about demonstrate that youngsters in the Assembled States have larger amounts of PBDEs than grown-ups do. Goodness, and here’s the kicker: they don’t work exceptionally well at halting fires.
- Firemaster 550. This dreadful synthetic mixed drink is made with bis(2-ethylhexyl) tetrabromophthalate (TBPH). Yes, you saw that word in there: phthalate. TBPH is about idential to DEHP, the phthalate restricted in youngsters’ items (counting beddings!!) because of proof of cancer-causing nature and formative harmfulness.
- Chlorinated tris. This is the infamous substance that was expelled from youngsters’ night wear in the 1970s since it was appeared to bring about tumor.
Over the years research has led us to utilize a natural fire retardant barrier. It meets all the federal law requirements and it has added benefit to our customers. All of our healthy beds use natural wool as the FR. In addition, all the companies that we represent, which are mentioned in this safe mattress buying guide also carry natural wool as their FR. We wouldn’t have it any other way. Here are a few benefits of natural wool:
- Excellent temperature regulator providing thermal balance
- Moisture absorbing (up to 30% of weight/ synthetics max 4%)
- Highly resistant to dust mites, mold and other allergens
- Naturally flame retardant
- Toxic Free
Four key elements for a Safe Mattress
- Organic/Natural Wool (untreated)
- 100% Organic/Natural Latex (produced using sap of the rubber tree) is more secure than latex mixes, which may contain petrochemical based polyurethane. By 100% we mean 94% and above.
- Organic cotton (developed in untreated soil, without pesticides) can be utilized for batting or bedding wrapping.
- Third-Party Certifications – Trusted Certifications
Look for a reputable organic/natural bedding company or store
Here are some reason why we strongly recommend dealing with a reputable company or expert industry advisor:
- First of all, not all certifications are made equal–some offer extraordinary confirmation that your new bedding will be free of toxic chemicals, while generally are basically good for nothing.
- Sometimes, a bedding company will claim to have an affirmation that they don’t generally have. We have come across several of these – mostly with online companies. One of the of the most widely recognized tricky practices is the point at which a bedding company displays to have GOLS accreditation for their latex bedding, and they even show the GOLS logo on their site. But once we asked for the original certification they were unable to provide it. Our partners Soaring Heart and Savvy Rest carry some of the highest certifications known to industry. In addition, they display all their certifications for customers to see.
Certifications to look for:
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 – Sets limits for VOC discharges, such as formaldehyde. In addition, test for any unsafe chemicals.
- GOLS (for Latex)
- GOTS (for Textiles)
At Natural Mattress Matters, our mission is to provide you with the highest quality, third-party certified, non-toxic sleep products such as, mattresses (natural organic latex mattresses, cotton and wool beds), organic sofa, loveseats, armchairs, platform beds, foundations, and much more that can help you create the healthy sleep sanctuary you deserve.
Call us during regular business hours and a trained specialist will guide you step by step on your purchase. We’ll listen to your comfort needs then help you decide which model is best for you. Having serviced thousand of clients we take our time and explain all the details. Our priority is to get you a good solid night of sleep. That is why we believe in educating our natural bedding family customers and we never push for sales. We know how important and getting a refreshing night of sleep is. And we know it takes time, we encourage multiple phone calls or visits.
Have we answered your questions? If not, give us a call at (770) 495-5005.
We ship everywhere and serve Atlanta, Georgia, Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Tennessee, Birmingham, Montgomery, and Alabama, providing the best quality, value, & service for…call for pricing and delivery/shipping information.