Flexible and adjustable
Our flexible slat foundation is designed to do more than merely support your mattress – it is designed to support you. The curved slats in our foundation provide both suspension and contour for greater comfort and pressure reduction. The slat system is fully adjustable and dual-sided to meet the needs of individual sleepers.
Based on a design widely used in Europe, we’ve adapted the system to meet the needs of American consumers. Our flexible slat foundation replaces your box spring and fits into any standard-sized bed frame. Paired with one of our flexible, supportive mattresses, it is an integral part of the Berkeley Ergonomics system.
Our flexible slat system is made of individual curved wood slats set into shocks that allow each slat to flex and rotate under the weight of your body. The midsection of the system includes six adjustable slat zones with sliding adjustors which create lift
and give. These adjustable slat zones are set to accommodate the curves of our torso, lifting through the lower back, waist and knees and giving through shoulders and hips. This not only reduces pressure on the body, it also stabilizes your sleep posture and aides in correct spinal alignment. Because the flexible slats are dual-sided and built for support they eliminate excess motion and center sag. You enjoy the feeling of weightless support.
The solid wood frame adjust with durable shocks and adjusters paired with reinforced cambered beechwood slats. The frame is upholstered with organic cotton knit quilted to pure wool. It is available in three depths:
- Low Profile: 4”
- High Profile: 6.5”
- XHigh Profile 8 ¾”
We also offer an all wood version (not upholstered): Low Profile: 2 3/8”
NOT available in FULL size
The flexible slat foundation is designed to enhance the feel and performance of a Berkeley Ergonomics mattress. Made from natural breathable materials like organic stretch cotton, natural latex, wool and flexible steel coils, our mattresses are uniquely elastic and responsive, never stiff or rigid and are able to transfer the slat system’s contour and definition to your body.
- Independent, flexible and supportive slats
- Slats are adjustable for optimal contour
- Individual sides – no roll-together or bounce
- Each side adjusts independently
- Fits any frame – replaces a box spring
- Durable shocks and adjustors paired with reinforced cambered beechwood slats
- The frame is crafted from solid wood and upholstered with organic cotton knit quilted to pure wool. Available in three depths: Low Profile: 4”
- High Profile: 6.5” XHigh Profile 8 ¾”
- We also offer an all wood version (not upholstered): Low Profile: 2 3/8”
- NOT available in FULL size